Online Presence Management (OPM) is the process of presenting and drawing attention to a personal or professional brand online. This process combines web design and development, online publishing, search engine optimization, behavioral advertising, reputation management, social media, link sharing, and other avenues to create a long-term positive presence for a person, organization, or product on the web.
Today, the most important online communication channels where you can meet prospects and customers are:
- Mobile channel: your organization mobile application.
- Social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your own local private social network
- Web channel: your website - world wide accesible, indexed by search engines.
Due to the advances of the digital economy, it becomes very significant how your organization informs its prospects and customers about the business - 7 core functionaltities which must be implemented by any of your online presence management tools:
- Fast and easy content creation. Can you easily create daily content to inform your customers (you don't call your webmaster for that)?
- Semantic Annotations. Is your website semantically annotated allowing search engines to understand your things?
- Reaction - Can your customers react/discuss your content?
- Evaluation - Can your customers rate your products?
- Sharing - Can your customers share your content?
- Public Relations - Can your customers subscribe to your communication channels? Can you fast answer questions and comments from your prospects and customers no matter on which communication channel they happen?
- Analysis and Recoommendations. Do you know what is the average rating of one of your servivces? Do you get insights on what to do next?
More About Online Presence Management Channels
The usual Mobile Presence of the small business is obtained by investing in a responsive web site. However, allowing your customers only to interact via the mobile web browser is not always the optimal solution. Here are three reasons showing that a mobile application perform better that the mobile browser:
- People spend more time on apps<ref name="apps2014">http://www.flurry.com/bid/109749/Apps-Solidify-Leadership-Six-Years-into-the-Mobile-Revolution</ref>. Only 14% of the time on a smartphone is spent using a web browser, the rest is app usage.
- Easy access and remembering - an app is in sight if it places an icon on the user's home screen. He can't forget about this app, he doesn't have to type an address and if he didn't come to the app for a while you can send him a notification.
- According to consumers, apps are more convenient, faster, easier to browse and in general offer a better user experience<ref name="appadvantages">https://econsultancy.com/blog/62326-85-of-consumers-favour-apps-over-mobile-websites</ref>.
Social Media Channels
Most of the time small businesses consider that investing in a presentation website will fast solve their World Wide Web presence. However, while this was suitable in the early age on the WWW, nowadays there are more than 4.6 BILLION Web pages!!! And these are KNOWN pages tipically the one indexed by search engines. To make your website visible to your prospects and customers is a hard work. It is well know that dynamic web sites perform exceptionally better than the old fashion presentation web, great designs improve your audience (many will show you nice templates with animation, great colours and fonts). However, there are more and more examples questioning the real impact of the website design in terms of customer satisfaction.
What is AAYO
AAYO is an Online Presence Management (OPM) tool, a complete Online Presence Management solution allowing businesses to create and maintain their Web presence (live journal), their mobile presence (their own mobile application), their regional mobile presence, and their online social media presence (Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, Xing, YouTube...) inclusive social measurements such as visibility rate, preference rate, amplitude rate and conversation rate.
Using AAYO, an organization can manage all the digital channels through their prospects and customers.
AAYO is a great value for any small and medium size enterprise because of its features and price.
What are the AAYO Building Blocks?
is an automated publishing tool allowing its users to present information on multiple Web channels: on the organization website, on the regional mobile application, on the organization mobile application, on various social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+) and on Web professional network platforms (LinkedIn, Xing)
is a tool allowing its user to continuously maintain a global conversation with participants on all Web channels. Whenever a reader engages with your content (no matter where - on the website, from the mobile, in social networks), AAYO Reactions collect this conversation and allows immediately answer directly on the channel where the conversation takes place.
analyzing the impact of the organization online presence and delivering professional analytics reporting and recommendations. The Analyser is using specific analytics techniques including research on correlations, causality and automatic decision. There are three level of analyses:
- Basic Analysis - Similar metrics as Google Analytics, no recommendations
- Intermediate Analysis - Simple evaluation of the impact of your content using our own metrics and analysis technology, including basic recommendations
- Advanced Analysis - statistical correlations, causality and automatic decision
Who can use AAYO
- Goods producers and sellers. Physical goods constitute the most countries production effort. Germany produces and markets billions of physical goods - food, commodities, clothing, and so on.
- Service providers. A growing proportion of activities are focused on services. The today's Germany economy is a services-to-goods mix. Services include hotels, maintenance and repair people, as well as professionals such as accountants, lawyers,
engineers, and doctors.
- Event organizers. They organize and promote time-based events, such as parties, movie waching, trade shows, sports events, and artistic performances.
- VIPs. Artists, musicians, CEOs, high-profile lawyers and financiers, and other professionals draw help from celebrity marketing.
- Places. Cities, states, regions, and nations compete to attract tourists, factories, company headquarters, and new residents. They employ economic development specialists, real estate agents, commercial banks, local business associations, and public relations agencies.
- NGOs and Educational Institutions. Universities, museums, and performing arts organizations boost their public images to compete more successfully for audiences and funds.
- Publishers. The production, packaging, and distribution of information is a major industry. They include schools and universities; publishers of encyclopedias, nonfiction books, and specialized magazines; producers of CDs and so on.
Why should I subscribe to AAYO?
As Online Social Media has become such a large part of our lives<ref name="ard2013">http://www.ard-zdf-onlinestudie.de/fileadmin/Onlinestudie/PDF/Busemann.pdf</ref> it is the right time to understand Online Social Media as a fairly new medium for businesses. The initial attempts were turning to a social media expert or the public relation team to handle the social media account.
What is driving this change?
One reason is that corporate messages produced by third party providers don't resonate as well with customers as comments from their friends do. Therefore, educating employees to talk about their personal working experiences provide legitimacy to articles and posters about the company, as well as significantly increase the scale of the company's social outreach.
Nowadays there are all conditions to expand Online Social Media beyond the social media specialist to every employee in a company. Moreover, very quickly businesses learned that social is all about interaction, so they instead began encouraging customers to talk about their company by becoming fans on Facebook.
- customer focus rather than competitor focus
- commitment to operational excellence
- customer reaction,
- 2-Click shopping,
- personalized recommendations
Word of Mouth
Through sharing, your customers are your promoters.
Print advertisings products are sometimes a necessity for some essential tasks, but they have an environmental cost. Creating paper from trees requires a lot of natural resources: trees, water, and energy: It takes more than $1.5$ cups of water to make one sheet of paper; Over $40%$ of wood goes toward the production of paper; Reducing paper use reduces greenhouse gases: 100 reams of paper is more than 14000 square meters of pine forest absorbing carbon for a year! Even with recycling efforts, still in most of developed countries, paper makes up over $25%$ of garbage! Status in Germany: 330 kg paper /year /person for marketing; 2.6 Mio. tonnes paper/year (see http://www.wdr.de/tv/koenneskaempft/sendungsbeitraege/2013/0617/ )
Every marketing channel has limitations, usually related to the number of ads you can buy. On Google (paid search), on Facebook (display ads), on Radio (audio ads), and so on. In addition, social media has a huge advantage as not only do you have a network, but every node in your network has a network of its own!
For example, consider a local brand as of today, has 40 connections. Even if all connections of it reads daily all posts the brand can at most reach 40 people. But the size of the brand second level network (the unique people connections of my connections) is 2000 ! (50 is the average number of UNIQUE friends on Facebook<ref>Cameron Marlow , Maintained Relationships on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=55257228858</ref>). The real "reach" it turns out is not 40, but it can be 2000!
The only thing to happen is that the direct friends would like to share the content! When $1%$ do that then the sponsored content can reach $40 + 1 * 50 = 90$ people. Clearly if $10%$ would do it then the number is $40 + 4 * 50 = 240$ people !!!
AAYO allows you to post an unlimited number of communications for a fixed fee!
The same printed flyer will not be read by the same person twice. If they encounter it, it will be dropped. Print advertisings products are not kept for long, with OPM you can hold information as long as you wish and re-promote it easily whenever you feel it necessary.
Best Marketing Practice - Use YOU as Expert
Online Presence Management is all about two-way interaction, and owners and employees are the best resource for small businesses seeking to respond to questions and comments that customers have. Using AAYO you will be able to document which employees can be used as experts in specific subject matters as well as which employees are most active on social media. Using professional tools much of this process can be easily decided. For example, data on company's global score, metrics such Visibility Rate (VR), Preference Rate (PR), Amplitude Rate (AR) and Conversation Rate (CR) can be correlated with complaints or questions detected on social media in order for an available employee (remember YOU first ) to be alerted of a question that has to be answered.
Despite that many Social Media Experts will tell you that you need special skills this is not really true. You are the BEST skilled into your company activities therefore YOU are the most appropriate individual to talk company's activities and achievements.
Some experts tells you that you need "different strategies for different Social Networks" - instead starting along and possibly very complex learning process DO NOT CARE ABOUT THAT: post everywhere, write on all platforms.